I CAN’T BREATHE!!! (BLM)
Examples of Civil Rights Violations
All Police Officers receive training from an academy certified by the commission on peace officer standards and training (POST).
Police Officers are never allowed to violate our Civil rights when performing their duties under Color of Law (242 U.S.C. Section 1983) [Excessive Use of Force].
POLICE BRUTALITY AND MISCONDUCT
All members of our community regardless of legal status have Civil Right Claims under 1983 of the US Constitution to be free from Police misconduct
- Police Shootings
- Excessive use of Force (Lethal)
- Excessive use of Force (Non-Lethal)
- Improper use of tasers
- Illegal use of chokeholds
- Excessive Restrain
- Serious Bodily Injury
- Chemical force (pepper spray)
Officers may use deadly force ONLY after the officer reasonably believes that the force used is necessary to accomplish lawful objectives:
- In defense of human life, including the officer’s own.
- In defense of any person in imminent danger of death, or the imminent threat of serious physical injury.